This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you when you visit the Site and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
The Policy applies to information we collect:
- on or from this Site;
- in e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Site; and
- through forms you download from the Site and submit to us.
The Policy does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Site. By accessing or using this Site, you agree to the collection and use of information as outlined in this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this Site after we make changes is deemed to be your acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
Although the Site may contain links to other websites controlled by third parties, you should be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those, or any other, sites. If you have questions about how those websites collect and use data, you should carefully read those sites’ privacy policies.
This Policy was amended on June 1, 2018 and is effective as of that date.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
If you participate in certain activities on our Site, you may need to provide us with information about yourself such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or fax number. For example, if you choose to send us an email, fill out an online form, you are voluntarily providing personal information to us. In doing so, you are giving us your consent to collect, use and disclose that information for the purpose it is requested and for other reasonable internal business purposes. We do not sell, rent or trade voluntarily submitted personal information with third parties.
INFORMATION WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT
When you visit our Site, basic information is passively collected through your browser via use of tracking technologies, such as “cookies” which utilize various files sent from our servers to your computer hard drive. Additional information about cookies and tracking technologies is available here. The information we collect through cookies and other means is not personal information and does not individually identify you. It includes things like:
- the domain name and IP address from which you accessed our Site
- the type of browser and operating system you use
- the date and time and length of your visit
- the specific page visited, graphics viewed and any documents downloaded
- the specific links to other sites you accessed from our Site
- the specific links from other sites you used to access our Site
Mobile devices are the one possible exception to the rule that our passive, automatic collection activities exclude personal information. We say that because, if you access our Site from a phone or other mobile device, the mobile services provider may transmit to us uniquely identifiable mobile device information which allows us to then collect mobile phone numbers and associate them with the mobile device identification information. Some mobile phone service providers also operate systems that pinpoint the physical location of devices and we may receive this information as well. Regardless, we use both automatically collected non-personal information and mobile device information only to compile generic reports about popular pages on our Site, and to see how our customers and followers are accessing our Site. We then use that data to administer the Site, make your activities more convenient and efficient and to enhance the functionality of our Site, such as by remembering certain of your information thereby saving you time.
We may send a cookie, which may be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this Site, to improve the Site’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognize your computer when you visit our Site, and/or to personalize our Site for you. Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking ‘Tools’, ‘Internet Options’, ‘Privacy’, and selecting ‘Block all cookies’ using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. For more information about cookies visit www.allaboutcookies.org, which gives details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of this Site. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to our Site is used to create reports about the use of the Site. Google will store this information.
DO NOT TRACK POLICY
Some web browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature. This feature lets you tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. Our Site is not currently set up to respond to those signals.
How We Use Information
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us for a number of purposes including:
- to present our Site and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to process claims;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you;
- to perform research;
- as permitted or required by law; or
- for any other purpose with your consent.
INFORMATION WE DISCLOSE
We may disclose aggregated information and statistics about our users without restriction so long as such information and statistics does not contain any personal information.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide, to our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates or to third parties, as required to conduct our business, to assist us in providing our products and services to you, or as permitted or required by law.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
We protect the confidentiality and security of the information we collect as follows:
- We do not sell or share the information we collect to anyone for marketing purposes;
- We contractually require every person or organization providing products or services for us or on our behalf to protect the confidentiality of nonpublic personal information;
- We prohibit any person or organization from disclosing or using nonpublic personal information other than to carry out the purposes of the insurance products and services we provide;
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards so that all nonpublic personal information is treated in accordance with this Policy; such safeguards include advanced data-encryption and storage technology, secure facilities with access controls at public points of entry, various other security systems, and onsite supervision of these areas;
- We employ an independent auditing company to annually review our security practices.
Federal law imposes special restrictions and obligations on commercial website operators who direct their operations toward, and collect and use information from children under the age of 13. We take those age-related requirements very seriously, and consistent with them do not intend for this site or any of our authorized features or apps to be used by children under the age of 18, and certainly not by anyone under the age of 13. Moreover, we do not knowingly collect personal information from minors under the age of 18. If we become aware that anyone under the age of 18 has submitted personal information to our Site, we will delete that information and will not use it for any purpose whatsoever. We encourage parents and legal guardians to talk with their children about the potential risks of providing personal information over the Internet.
We reserve the right to change or update this Policy at any time and from time to time. Please check our Site periodically for such changes since all information collected is subject to the Policy in effect at that time. Typically, we will indicate the effective/amendment date at the beginning of this Policy. If we feel it is appropriate, or if the law requires, we’ll also provide a summary of changes we’ve made near the end of the new policy.
You may contact us if you have any questions about this Policy. Please contact our Compliance Department at 1-800-423-2497 or at 899 El Centro Street, South Pasadena, CA 91030.